Sunday, July 1, 2012

Wondering and Wandering


Curiosity has led me a stray,
down a long, dark hole,
a fall that lasted for days.

Suddenly I'm tumbling across the floor,
not a very soft landing,
when I came upon a small door.

Looking down,
I'm much to tall,
Looking up,
I'm much to small.

Filled with frustration,
I was beginning to doubt
the things I could do,
So I started to pout.

"Where am I?" said through gritted teeth.
In a desperate display
my heart clenched quite quickly
at my sudden dismay.

"You're a dreamer.
It's just a dream."
What was thought to be a whisper
was actually a scream.

Tears rolled down my rosy pink cheeks,
"Why, oh why, won't I wake?"
I slowly layed down as
I started to shake.

In my head,
tingles of night started to seep.
Sometimes to wake up,
You just have to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Falling through the HOLES in life leave us afraid of the DARK and keep us dreaming of the LIGHT.
    So now we are LEFT wondering if the HOLES we fall through in life are RIGHT.

    ReplyDelete